Saturday, November 28, 2020

You're going to need a bigger rack...

My whole life I've wanted to have a real rack of my own. I've put in or designed hundreds of them full of shiny black boxes that I would mentally contort into absolutely needing for myself because why wouldn't a house need a 32x32 matrix switcher?

So for years I've been on the lookout and quietly letting people know - "hey - if you come across a rack send it my way". Finally this year I've acquired not one but TWO racks and boy did I think I had it made.

Rack 1: 18 space (thanks Andrew!)



Rack 2: 28 space (thanks Mark!)
Both have casters, doors, removable sides, rear rail. The works!


Then I had this crazy idea to resurrect this monster audio system. And you know what? It takes a TON of rack space. Not even all the gear is in there and I'm minimum 35U with only a few empty spaces including required minimum airflow specified in the JBL manuals. Sh!t.


There was this perfect 44U rack that I had a line on, then my team completely let me down. Thanks a LOT Dylan.

So, if anyone has a 35-45U enclosed rack on wheels, I'm interested.

Soon.

Because the gear is on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Decisions #1 - The Processor

Alright I'm getting serious about moving this thing along. And it's a welcome distraction lately. And the wife is wondering when thi...